Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Untimely Harvest


After only 4 months, I had to drain the fishpond and harvest my milkfishes before the Brahminy Kite emptied the pond. I think it was a good call after all, since I only got 88% yield. I am a bit disappointed with my performance this time but what can I do when the bird circles and catches 3 fishes everyday! ...Nothing, right? I just admired this Kite when it swooped and caught its prey.

I hope next time it will be the same as my previous performance where I had a 97% yield...and I hope that I am not the only pond that have stocks on it when the Kite is hungry...and I hope I can design a gadget for the pond in such a way that it will scare the Brahminy Kite.

Farming, is indeed, a profession of hope. :)


Pond draining on-going
The only bangus weighing 500 grams...if only I could grow the fishes
at this rate, I will be a very happy farmer. 

Milkfishes ready to market

1 comment: