Sunday, July 28, 2013

Coral Wind Chime

Crafty mood is on! I had a rainy day and done with the accounting books that I'd been working since Friday. So, my idea of relaxation this afternoon was to create a wind chime for my beach inspired cottage. 

These coral fingers have been sitting on the table for two months since my last visit to the white island beaches of Sorsogon. Actually, I started working on these pieces into a nice and useful decor as soon as I came back from my trip. However, my materials were not complete so the project was postponed. This time though, I have all the materials with me...So, I started on it right away and had it done by the end of the day. 



Materials: Coral fingers (39 pcs), round-shaped base, twine and scissors

I begin threading the corals using the twine. After each coral, I tie a double knot to secure it's placement onto the cord. Approximately, the distance in between each coral is about 4 inches. With the 39 pieces coral fingers, I was able to make six cords. After all the threading part, I create a loop to hang my wind chime from.


Wind chimes provide beautiful sounds and create beautiful decorations. Now, it is time to hang my simple coral wind chime and enjoy it's calming wind song on my deck. 



Project Complete! ;)

1 comment:

  1. How do you thread coral? I have a bag of coral pieces I’d love to try this

    ReplyDelete