Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Farm Cottage Project: The Doorstep

Last weekend, I decided to fix the doorstep outside the deck. Before, it was only a pile of gravel stones to temporarily blocked the soil from going straight to the drainage during the rainy days. As you can see, there's a drainage underneath the step.

With the help of the carpenter, we placed a cement on the problematic area. Leveled it with the rain canal but high enough to block the loose soils from flowing toward the drainage.

























At first, I only think of fixing the problem so I just instructed the helper to use the spare boracay sands from one of the renovation a year ago. However, the crafty-ness in me was telling me to be a little creative. So, I decided to put a few pebble stones on it...




















I neatly placed the WELCOME sign, some flowers, a heart, some swirls and a couple of rip curls (for the love of the sea, of course)...and, TADA, here is the new doorstep!




 Family and Friends...Welcome to my farm cottage house. :)




2 comments: